Ingredients for Cream Of Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 small sweet potatoes
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- Peel potatoes and immerse at once in cold water to which has been added a little flour to prevent discoloration.
- Drain and cook in sufficient boiling water to cover.
- When tender, drain and rub through a colander.
- This should make three cups of mashed potatoes.
- Add water, cream, salt, and parsley.
- Reheat and serve.
- The water in which the potatoes are cooked may be used as a part of the liquid unless very dark.
- This soup should have the consistency of rich cream and is greatly improved by adding two tablespoons of brandy just before removing it from the stove.
- Serve with croutons.