Ingredients for Cream Of Celery Soup Recipe 3
- 8 stalks celery
- 2 cups boiling water
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups milk
- Wash and scrape the celery and cut it into small pieces. Add the water and cook until very tender.
- Renew the water if it boils away.
- Mash the celery in the water in which it was cooked.
- Scald the milk.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour, and pour in slowly the scalded milk.
- Cook thoroughly, stirring constantly.
- Mix this sauce with the celery, season to taste; strain, and serve immediately with croutons.