Ingredients for Cranberry Sherbet Recipe 1
- 1 pint cranberries
- ¾ cup water
- 1 1/3 cups cold water
- 1 scant cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, if desired
- Boil the cranberries in the three-fourths cup of water, and rub them through a fine strainer.
- Add to them the one and one-third cups of cold water.
- Boil the sugar in one-third cup of water till it threads, and beat this sirup into the stiffly beaten egg white, then fold this into the cranberry mixture.
- Add the vanilla, and freeze.
- This is nice served with a raisin sauce, in which case the vanilla should be put into the sauce instead of into the sherbet.