Ingredients for Country Fried Steak Recipe
- 1 tenderized round steak
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- garlic powder
- gravy (optional, recipe follows)
- Combine milk and eggs in a bowl, stirring until well blended.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic pepper on a plate.
- Season steaks to taste.
- Dip steaks in egg mixture, then dip in the flour mix. Repeat.
- Meanwhile, heat about 1/4 inch oil in a heavy skillet.
- When oil is just hot enough to fry a drop of flour, fry the steaks in a single layer, turning once, until golden brown.
- Remove cooked steaks to a plate to drain while you make gravy, if desired.
Ingredients for Gravy
- 3 tablespoons flour
- leftover oil from cooking steaks
- After steaks have been removed, add flour to the same pan. Mix well.
- Add milk, stirring to reach desired thickness.