Ingredients for Cornmeal Griddle Cakes Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup corn meal
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Add meal to boiling water and boil five minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and add milk and remaining dry ingredients mixed and sifted.
- Add the egg, well beaten, and butter.
- Drop by spoonfuls on a greased hot griddle; cook on one side.
- When puffed, full of bubbles, and cooked on edges, turn, and cook other side.