Ingredients for Corn Flake Wreaths
Add these festive no-bake treats to your holiday cookie trays!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 10 ounce package of regular marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups of your favorite corn flakes
- Red cinnamon candies
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Melt butter in a large pan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove the mixture from heat.
- Stir in green food coloring.
- Slowly add corn flakes and stir until all cereal is coated with mixture.
- Use a ¼ measuring cup to portion out mixture.
- Spray your fingers with nonstick cooking spray and begin forming wreaths.
- Once wreaths are formed, place candies on the top of each one to add a festive touch.
If you prefer to use the microwave to heat the mixture instead of your stovetop, follow these basic instructions:
- Using a microwavable bowl, combine butter and marshmallows and heat on high for two minutes.
- After first minute, remove and stir then return to microwave to finish cooking.
- Stir mixture until smooth then add the green food coloring.
- Follow the same steps as above.
Instead of making individual wreaths, consider making one large one. To do this, press the cereal mixture into a ring mold or form a large wreath with your hands. The large wreath then can be sliced to serve.