Ingredients for Fried Pork Chops Recipe
This recipe serves 6.
- 5 to 6 cups oil for frying (about 1 to 2 inches deep)
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 thin-cut boneless pork chops
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium-high until it reaches 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large, shallow pan or dish, whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, and sage.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, baking powder, baking soda, and eggs. The mixture will fizz.
- Dip the pork chop in the flour and pat off any excess.
- Dip it in the egg/buttermilk mixture.
- Dip it back into the flour mixture to coat, patting off any excess.
- Working in batches so you don't overcrowd the oil, fry the pork chops until the coating is a deep, golden brown, six to eight minutes.
- Put the pork chops on the prepared baking sheet/wire rack and allow them to stay warm in the oven while you cook the remaining pork chops. Reheat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before adding another batch.