Ingredients for Coffee Bread Recipe
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup melted vegetable shortening
- ½ cake compressed yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- ¼ cup chopped English walnut meats
- Heat milk slightly then add flour and yeast dissolved in little lukewarm water.
- Allow to rise until light, then add vegetable shortening, beaten eggs, sugar, lemon, salt, and enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Knead ten minutes and let rise until light.
- Place in greased pan and let rise again.
- Spread with melted vegetable shortening and sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sufficient for one large loaf.