Ingredients for Cinnamon and Banana Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk (enough to make a good fluid batter)
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 500g Fresh Indian Guavas
- 1 cup white sugar
- Icing Sugar for decoration
- Knob of butter for frying
- Light Olive Oil for frying
- Place guavas and sugar (with a dash of water) in a large saucepan and simmer over moderate heat for 15 minutes. Place in fridge to cool when guavas are soft but with some texture.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add milk, egg, vanilla and banana to dry ingredients.
- Mix with whisk until well combined.
- Transfer to jug.
- Heat frypan and season with butter/oil mix.
- Pour 3/4 cup batter into hot frypan.
- Wait until bubbles form on face of pancake. When they burst, flip pancake. Pancakes should be golden brown.
- Serve with guavas and syrup, dusted lightly with icing sugar.