Truffles are simple to make, and these Champagne-flavored truffles are easy to eat, as well. They will melt in your mouth and leave you craving for more. Just follow the recipe below, and you'll see how easy it is to make them. Keeping yourself from eating all of them will be the hard part.
Christmas Champagne Truffles Recipe
- 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces of heavy cream
- 1 ounce of butter
- 1/4 cup of Champagne
- 1 tablespoon of cognac
- ½ cup of clear sanding sugar
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring the butter and cream just to scalding. This is when the cream just starts to simmer.
- Pour the heated cream over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- Add the Champagne and cognac.
- Stir until well combined.
- Let rest in your refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Once the chocolate is firm enough to ball, form into 1-inch balls.
- Roll each truffle in the sanding sugar.
- Place the chocolate balls on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Place the cookie sheet with the truffles in your refrigerator.
- Let rest for one hour.
- For a fun alternative, you can use sanding sugar of different colors.
A Gift of Truffles
Instead of purchasing chocolates to give away this Christmas, why not make these truffles and give them as gifts instead? The decadent combination of chocolate and Champagne will make the holidays that much more special, and everyone will be amazed that you made them yourself.