Ingredients for Chocolate Soup Recipe
- 6 squares of chocolate
- 1 quart of water
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup cream, separated into 2 half cups
- Break chocolate into small pieces, cover with quart of water, and place on the back of the stove to melt, stirring frequently.
- Heat one quart of milk, add a small stick of cinnamon, and one cup of sugar.
- When the chocolate is melted and boiling, add it to the milk and strain over the yolks of two eggs, diluted with half a cup of cream.
- Whip half a cup of cream and stir it into the soup just before serving.
- Serve with imperial bread sticks: These are made by cutting the slices of bread into thin strips, spreading with butter, then sifting sugar over them and placing in a cool oven to become crisp and glazed.
- Serve cold.