Ingredients for Chocolate Mousse Recipe 1
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup water, divided into 1/4 cup portions
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cup whipped cream
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate, 1/4 cup of water, and butter.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks, 1/4 cup of water, and sugar into a small saucepan.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until the syrup reaches a temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove mixture from the heat and whisk in chocolate mixture until combined.
- Place pan in an ice water bath and continue to stir until the mixture thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from ice bath and gently fold in whipped cream.
- Place in serving dishes, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.