Ingredients for Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two round layer cake pans.
- Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Beat eggs and add to butter and sugar, beating well.
- Sift flour and baking powder together, add alternately with milk to butter and sugar mixture, beating to combine.
- Pour into prepared layer pans.
- Bake 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of each layer comes out clean.
- Cool completely and remove cake from pan.
- Fill layers with fudge filling and frost with buttercream.