Ingredients for Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe 2
- 1/2 pound dark French chocolate
- 1 cup boiling water
- 5 cups heavy cream (separated into 3 cups and 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound sugar
- Dissolve 1/2 pound of the best French chocolate in a breakfast-cup of boiling water, add 3 cups of the cream 1/2 pound of sugar, boiled to a syrup; strain through silk and put into the ice pail.
- Freeze in the usual way.
- When frozen, add 2 more cups of the heavy cream cream, work until it is smooth
- Store in a sealed freezer-safe container until ready to serve the ice cream.