Ingredients for Chocolate Fudge Filling Recipe
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups sweet milk
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate or cocoa
- 1 full tablespoon of butter
- Boil all ingredients over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches soft ball stage.
- To test for soft ball, drop a small amount of the filling into cold water. It should form a loose, soft ball. Soft ball stage is about 234 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir in butter and then remove from heat.
- Beat filling until it becomes creamy.
- Use on the cake immediately.
- Add chopped nuts, if desired.