Ingredients for Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 pint milk
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs (3 eggs are sufficient for twice this quantity)
- 1 tablespoon butter substitute
- 1 tablespoon caramel
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- A few grains salt
- Baked crust
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Heat the milk in a double boiler.
- Mix the sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch.
- Stir the hot milk into this mixture.
- Return to the double boiler and cook fifteen minutes.
- Beat the eggs, stir some of the hot mixture into them, then stir them into the hot mixture and cook two minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into baked crust.
- To one-half cup heavy cream add one tablespoon sugar and one-eighth teaspoon vanilla.
- Whip the cream and spread it over the pie.