Ingredients for Chocolate Blancmange Recipe
- 1 pint milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup health cocoa
- 1 teaspoon caramel
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- A few grains salt
- Heat the milk in a double boiler.
- Mix the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
- Pour the hot milk over this mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Then return to the double boiler, add the caramel, and cook fifteen minutes, or till thickened.
- Add the vanilla, and pour into cups wet with cold water.
- When cold, unmold and serve with cream.