Ingredients for Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, plus more for frying
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Cut the chicken into one inch chunks.
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the soy sauce, one teaspoon of sesame oil, egg, and pepper. Stir to coat and cover.
- Marinate for one hour.
- Add and mix the flour and three tablespoons cornstarch to the chicken mixture to thicken and coat the chicken in batter.
- Heat on medium high the sesame oil in a pan and add the coated chicken pieces.
- Fry on each side for approximately five to seven minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Heat the pineapple pieces and juice in a saucepan until simmering.
- Stir in the brown sugar and rice vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining cornstarch with water to form a paste.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the pineapple sauce to thicken.
- Toss the chicken with the pineapple sauce and serve with white rice.
The recipe makes four servings, with 458 calories per serving. Calorie count and additional nutritional information is available via the SELF Nutrition Data tool.