Ingredients for Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 3 - 4 pounds chicken thighs, bone-in
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 - 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Slice small holes into the tops of each chicken thigh to help the marinade penetrate.
- Place the thighs in a large bowl and pour on the lemon juice, zest, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade; set the marinade aside for now.
- Place the chicken pieces on a baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the leftover marinade and continue baking for an additional 25 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and cover the chicken with aluminum foil.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes, and then garnish with lemon slices and serve.
The serving size is two thighs per person, with 310 calories per serving according to the SELF Nutrition Data tool.