Ingredients for Jerk Chicken Recipe
Jerk Seasoning Rub
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 3 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Jerk Chicken Ingredients
- 1 cup of jerk seasoning
- 10 pieces of chicken, skin on
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Combine all jerk seasoning ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Seasoning can be stored in an airtight container up to 4 weeks.
- Place the chicken, canola oil, and lime juice in a large bowl and mix until all chicken pieces are covered in the juice and oil.
- Sprinkle chicken with jerk seasoning and make sure all pieces are covered in seasoning, rubbing it into the chicken when necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken pieces in a baking dish prepared with cooking spray and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for five minutes before serving.
You can also grill the chicken pieces instead of baking.