Ingredients for Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 pound of cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (or shredded)
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4-ounce) cans of diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine all ingredients except the whipping cream and sour cream in a slow cooker.
- Stir to combine evenly, then cover.
- Cook chicken mixture on low for about 3 hours.
- Stir in whipping cream and sour cream, and serve!
Servings: About 6
Try topping your chili with one of these ideas:
- Dollops of extra sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits
- Green onions
- Corn chips
Optional Recipe Variations
You can add and substitute ingredients in this recipe, depending on your taste.
- Use vegetable oil or canola oil in place of olive oil.
- Add 1 cup of diced tomatoes to the recipe.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of celery.
- Use pinto beans or chickpeas instead of white beans.
- Add 1/2 cup of olives.
- Use green onions in place of white onions.