Ingredients for Chicken Croquettes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1-¾ cups cooked chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Few drops onion juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Make a white sauce: combine butter, flour and milk in a saucepan over low heat; stir until butter is melted.
- Add chicken, celery salt, lemon juice, onion juice, parsley and salt and pepper. Stir and remove from heat.
- Cool completely.
- While mixture is cooling, beat bread crumbs into egg.
- Shape chicken mixture into patties.
- Dip patties first in flour, then in egg and crumb mixture, and deepfry until golden in oil.