Ingredients for Chex Party Mix
- 3 cups of each: Corn, Rice and Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup of mixed nuts
- 1 cup of pretzels
- 1 cup of bite size bagel chips
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons of seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon of garlic powder
You can use your microwave oven to prepare this simple snack:
- Place cereal, nuts, bagel chips and pretzels in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter on high for 40 seconds or until melted.
- Stir all seasonings into butter and pour over the cereal.
- Stir until cereal is completed coated.
- Microwave mixture on highest power for 5 minutes. Stir after 2 minutes and return to microwave.
- Allow mixture to cool on paper towels or on a baking sheet.
You can also use the oven instead of the microwave:
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on the stovetop and then add seasonings.
- Pour mixture over cereal and spread on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool on a paper towel or baking sheet.