Ingredients for Chestnut Stuffing Recipe 1
- 3 cups French chestnuts
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- Shell and blanch chestnuts.
- Cook in boiling salted water until soft.
- Drain and mash, using a potato ricer.
- Add one-half the butter, salt, pepper, and cream to the mashed chestnuts.
- Melt remaining butter and mix with cracker crumbs.
- Combine the two mixtures, mixing until well blended.
- Use to stuff chicken or turkey and bake as directed.