Ingredients for Cheese Bisque Recipe
- 1 pint of milk
- Pinch of baking soda
- 2 cups stock (chicken or lamb), in which an onion has been boiled
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Bring the milk, containing a pinch of soda, to the scalding point.
- Add to this the chicken or lamb stock, in which an onion has been boiled.
- Cook until it can be run through a strainer.
- Put butter and flour into a good-sized saucepan and cook until thoroughly blended; then pour the white soup into the vessel and stir until it thickens to the consistency of cream.
- Beat in the grated cheese.
- Have the beaten eggs in a bowl, and into these slowly pour a cup of the hot soup, beating constantly to prevent the mixture from curdling.
- Now return the soup with the eggs to that which is on the fire.
- Beat for a moment, season well with salt and pepper, and serve.