Ingredients for Caramel Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups milk
- 1-½ cups corn syrup
- 1-½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- Few grains salt
- 1-½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, caramelized and melted in one-fourth cup boiling water
- Scald milk,caramelized sugar, corn syrup and sugar and thicken with the cornstarch dissolved in an equal quantity of cold milk.
- Cook fifteen minutes, stir in the egg yolks well beaten and combined with a little of the thickened mixture.
- Chill, add salt, flavoring and cream, and freeze, packing with three parts of cracked ice to one of rock salt.