Ingredients for Caramel Custard
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On low heat, warm the 1/2 cup sugar until melted and light brown.
- Spoon sugar into custard or short coffee cups, allowing it to cover the bottom.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and blend with the remaining sugar, vanilla,and salt.
- Warm the milk and slowly stir it into the egg mixture.
- After the sugar has hardened, pour the mixture into the cups and put cups on a baking pan.
- Fill the pan with warm water and place in the oven, baking for about 45 minutes.
- Let rest in refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Once set, turn custard cups upside and pop out to serve.