Ingredients for Candied Yams Recipe
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 1 lb. dark brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Peel skin from potatoes and cut into 2-inch slices.
- Place in a pot with enough water to cover.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Continue to boil for 30 minutes. Potatoes are done when they are soft.
- Drain and place potatoes in a casserole dish.
- Top with brown sugar and dollops of butter.
- Add marshmallows on top then put back in the oven until melted and slightly brown.