Ingredients for Candied Sweet Potato Recipe
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups margarine
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- Slice the sweet potatoes into quarters.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil a pot of water and add potatoes. Continue to boil for 15 minutes.
- Let the sweet potatoes cool, then peel them.
- In a saucepan, add the margarine, brown sugar, 2 cups marshmallows, and flavors. Bring to medium heat, stirring. Sauce will be finished when marshmallows are melted.
- Add potatoes to the marshmallows. Softly mas half of the potatoes in with the marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour uncooked marshmallows over the top. Place back in oven until the tops of the marshmallows are slightly brown.