Ingredients for Candied Mint Leaves Recipe
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 drop spearmint or vanilla extract
- Wash all leaves, making sure not to tear when removing from the stem.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg white.
- Gently rub each leaf with the egg whites.
- Lay mint leaves on a flat surface.
- In another bowl, mix the extract with the sugar.
- Sprinkle the sugar and extract over each leaf.
- Place the mint leaves on a cake rack covered with wax paper. Try to place the leaves close together.
- Leave leaves in a warm place to dry.
- When leaves are crisp, they are ready to be used in tea, lemonade, cocktails or desserts.