Ingredients for Cake Donut Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder together.
- Stir in the cinammon and nutmeg.
- Beat in the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a large pot to cover about 4-5 inches.
- Heat to 185 degrees.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2-3/4 inch thickness on a floured board.
- Cut into circles, then cut out centers.
- Drop into oil and let cook until light brown.
- Drain on paper plates or brown paper.