Ingredients for Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- 1 quart flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1 egg
- ¾ pint buttermilk
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together, then rub in vegetable shortening with fingertips.
- Add well beaten egg and soda mixed with milk. Dough should be soft. A little more milk can be added if needed.
- Roll out lightly and handle as little as possible.
- Cut with biscuit cutter, lay on vegetable shorteninged tins, and bake at 425 degrees for ten minutes.
- Sufficient for thirty biscuits.