Ingredients for Broccoli Rice Recipe
- 5 cups precooked rice
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of frozen chopped broccoli, lightly steamed or 3 cups fresh chopped, steamed broccoli
- 1 can (10.75 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10.75 ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound grated mild cheddar or American cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 white onion
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rice and broccoli should be pre-cooked.
- In medium saucepan, cook minced onion in butter until softened and translucent. Add condensed soup and water and cook until it is hot.
- Add 2/3 of the cheese and blend well until it is melted, stirring constantly to keep the cheese from burning and sticking on the bottom of the pan.
- Blend rice, broccoli, and remaining cheese in a 13" x 9" baking pan. Pour the soup cheese mixture over it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 45 minutes until it is bubbly and golden in color.