Ingredients for One Egg Waffle Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Blend dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add milk, beaten egg and melted butter, whisking ingredients together as you add them.
- Beat batter for 2 minutes (it may have some small lumps).
- Pour batter into a well-greased, hot waffle iron and close the lid.
- When it stops emitting steam, the waffle is usually done.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
Waffles can be served with butter and maple syrup, any fresh cut fruit or fruit sauce, and whipped cream. Alternatively, serve eggs and bacon on top of a waffle for a complete breakfast waffle sandwich.
These old-fashioned waffles are lower-fat than many modern recipes.