Ingredients for Easy Red Velvet Pancakes
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 cups baking mix or pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red food coloring
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well-blended.
- Gradually stir in milk until mixture is smooth. If mixture is too thick, thin with a little more milk.
- Cover topping and set aside.
- Combine baking or pancake mix, sugar, and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
- Add buttermilk or milk, vanilla extract, and eggs; stir until well-combined.
- Stir in red food coloring, a few drops at a time, until batter is deep red.
- Lightly spray griddle or skillet with cooking spray and pre-heat.
- Drop 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter onto griddle or skillet and cook about 2 minutes or until bubbles appear and edges are dry; turn and cook the other side until cooked through.
- Serve pancakes with a generous dollop of cream cheese topping.
This recipe is a nice change from traditional pancakes and elegant enough to serve at a holiday brunch. Try adding a variety of toppings such as chopped walnuts or pecans, fresh berries, a dash of cinnamon, whipped cream, or chocolate shavings.