Ingredients for Zucchini Bread Recipe
The recipe makes two loaves. If possible, use small zucchini since their skins are less tough.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 8x4-inch loaf pans and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine beaten eggs, sugar, vanilla, zucchini, and oil.
- Add zucchini mixture to the flour mixture; stir until moistened. Do not over-mix.
- Gently fold in walnuts if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake loaves side-by-side for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean.
- Remove loaves from the oven and cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from pans.
Zucchini bread is great for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee and is a delicious afternoon snack for the kids. It also makes a thoughtful gift. Experiment with the basic recipe by adding your favorite spices, a cup of dried or fresh fruit fruit, or a cup of chocolate chips.