Ingredients for Bread Custard Pudding Recipe
- 1-½ cups stale bread cut into squares
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup seedless raisins
- Vanilla flavor
- Spread the bread scantily with butter, cut into small diced pieces, and put into a baking pan.
- Beat the egg and the sugar together slightly.
- Add a little vanilla and the milk to the egg mixture.
- Mix well and pour over the bread. Let stand for half an hour.
- Sprinkle the raisins over the top and work them into the mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees until set and a light brown, about 45 minutes.