Ingredients for Boiled Rice Recipe
- 1/2 cup rice
- Cold water
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Rinse the rice with cold water until the water runs clear.
- Stir the rice and salt into the actively boiling water.
- Continue to boil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking.
- Drain the rice into a colander.
- Run cold water over the rice to rinse off any stickiness so the kernels are separate and distinct.
- After the rice is thoroughly drained, put it into a double boiler to dry and reheat. Do not stir the rice while it is reheating.
- Serve with cream or fruit sauce.