Ingredients for Boiled Cod Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 pounds cod
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- In a large pot, add water, salt, vinegar and basil.
- Stir to combine ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add the cod to the boiling mixture, then reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Be careful not to bring back to a boil, because this can cause the cod to fall apart.
- Remove the fish from the pot and drain.
- Place the cod on a large platter and garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.