Ingredients for Best Bernaise Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 3-4 slices of yellow onion (very thin slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 stick butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonaise
- Simmer the first five ingredients over low heat for five minutes in heavy saucepan.
- Add butter. Stir until melted, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While butter melts, grate three egg yolks in a blender.
- Pour the vinegar, butter, herb mixture into blender with egg yolks
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Return sauce to a heavy saucepan over low heat and stir constantly until it thickens.
- Add mayonaise and stir.
- Tada! Best bernaise sauce ever! Thanks, Mom!