Ingredients for Beet Salad
- 4 medium red or golden beets
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sunflower-seed oil
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
- Clean the beets and remove the stems and roots.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour. Beets should be soft and easily pierced by a fork.
- Let cool and remove foil.
- Remove skins (can be done by rubbing with your fingers) and slice into square pieces.
- Place beets in a large bowl and toss with walnuts.
- Sprinkle on vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper.
- Toss and add goat cheese.