Ingredients for Beet and Orange Salad Recipe
- 6 large beets
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 small Spanish onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- To prepare the ingredients, clean the beet and remove the tops and greens. Slice the onion thin and chop the mint.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each beet in aluminum foil and roast unto tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool, then remove foil and set aside.
- Slice the oranges and remove the white, then slice lengthwise and place in a serving bowl.
- Add the onion, olives, and mint and toss.
- Remove the skin from the beets by rubbing with your fingers or a paper towel.
- Slice beets into chunks and toss with the oranges and other ingredients.
- Add seasonings, oil, and lime juice.