Ingredients for Beef Fritters Recipe
- 1 pound of meat scraped from a piece of cold roast beef
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 3/4 pound of flour
- 1/2 pint of water
- 1 rounded tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 egg whites
- Season scraped meat with salt and pepper.
- Make a batter with 3/4 pound of flour and about 1/2 pint of water. Blend these two well together and stir in the melted butter.
- Whisk the whites of 2 eggs and add them to the batter with the scraped meat.
- Stir well and drop only a small rounded quantity at a time into the pan, when the shortening or dripping is boiling.
- Turn, so that both sides may be brown, flattening into patties if desired.
- From 8-10 minutes will be sufficient to cook them over a steady fire.
- Dry and send to table on a napkin.
- Sufficient for two persons.