Ingredients for Beef Croquettes Recipe
- 1/2 pound cold cooked chopped beef
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 pint milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Melt vegetable shortening in saucepan and stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk, stir until it boils for 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked chopped beef and breadcrumbs and blend.
- Turn out on plate to cool.
- Divide into 8 pieces, flour them, and make into neat croquettes.
- Egg and breadcrumb them.
- Fry till brown in hot vegetable shortening.
- Drain and serve hot with brown sauce.