Ingredients for Basic Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups fruit juice
- 2 cups frozen fruit
- 1 cup sorbet or frozen yogurt
- 1 small banana (optional)
- Use a blender to puree the fruit juice and frozen fruit.
- Once the chunks of fruit have been thoroughly broken down, turn the blender off and add the sorbet or frozen yogurt.
- Blend more until the sorbet is thoroughly mixed into the smoothie.
You can use nearly any fruit juice and frozen fruit to make a basic fruit smoothie. You may also substitute milk, soy milk, or rice milk for the fruit juice. Popular combinations include:
- Orange Juice + Strawberries + Frozen Yogurt + Banana
- Apple Juice + Strawberries + Raspberry Sorbet + Banana
- Grape Juice + Strawberries + Raspberry Sorbet + Banana
- Milk + Strawberries + Raspberry Sorbet + Banana