Ingredients for Banana Split Cake Recipe
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup softened butter
- 6 bananas
- 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 16 ounce package thawed whipped topping
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Refigerate pie crust for 15 minutes.
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Drain the liquid from the can of pineapples.
- Combine the confectioners sugar, eggs, and butter. Using your hand mixer, beat on medium for 20 minutes. Spread mixture over piecrust.
- Place a layer of bananas, flat side down, on the buttercream.
- Pour pineapple over top of bananas and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Add a layer of strawberries over the pineapple followed by a layer of whipped topping.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
Note: pregnant women, small children, and anyone with a sensitivity to raw eggs should skip this dessert..