Ingredients for Banana Muffin Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed, ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup low fat or regular sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with paper liners.
- Combine baking powder, baking soda, flour, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat sugar, egg, bananas, and vanilla extract. Add sour cream to mixture.
- Stir flour into banana mixture.
- For easy pouring, use soup ladel to place batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into middle of muffins comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool to room temperature before serving.
- To keep muffins fresh, place in sealed storage container.