Ingredients for Banana Fritters Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 to 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat in egg, margarine, and milk until batter is smooth.
- Peel the bananas and cut into smaller pieces (about 2 inches in length).
- Heat oil in large skillet to 365 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dip bananas into the batter with a long spoon or fork, and gently lower into the hot vegetable oil.
- Fry the bananas until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain extra grease on paper towels.
- Cut banana pieces in half, dust with powdered sugar, and enjoy!
Try the following powdered sugar alternatives to change things up a bit from the traditional powdered sugar topping:
- Cinnamon sugar
- Greek yogurt
- Vanilla pudding
- Melted peanut butter
- Coconut shavings
- Chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- Ice cream
- Crushed nuts