Ingredients for Baked Tomatoes Recipe
- 6 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Peel the tomatoes and cut them in slices one-fourth of an inch thick.
- Place a layer of tomatoes in a pudding dish, and sprinkle over them a little salt and pepper.
- Rub the butter into the crumbs with the sugar.
- Spread the mixture thickly upon the tomatoes, using all of it, and add another layer of tomatoes.
- Add bits of butter, sprinkle with dry crumbs, and bake twenty minutes.