Ingredients for Baked Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut a small slice off the bottom of each tomato. The bottom should be fairly flat, so the tomato will be stable when sitting in the pan.
- Prepare tomatoes for stuffing by cutting a thin slice off the top and scooping out centers.
- Place bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, grated cheddar and melted butter, salt, pepper, and half the parsley in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Spoon some of mixture into each tomato, filling it to the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley.
- Sprinkle top with crumbs and dot with vegetable shortening.
- Spray a square or oblong casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place tomatoes in casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or cook on grill until done.